Singapore Citizens Income Trends
- Monthly Gross Wage refers to the sum of the basic wage, overtime payments, commissions, allowances, and other regular cash payments before deduction of employee CPF contributions and personal income tax. However, it excludes employer CPF contributions, bonuses, stock options, other lump sum payments and payments-in-kind.
- Median (50th Percentile) refers to the wage level at the middle of the income distribution which divides the bottom half of wage earners from the upper half.
- Chart data [Google Sheet]
Source: Manpower Research and Statistical Department, Ministry of Manpower. 4th Quarter Reports on Employment Situation 2012-2014. The annual inflation rate is obtained from the Department of Statistics. Figures in Singapore Dollars.
- Data excludes full-time National Servicemen.
- The Comprehensive Labour Force Survey was not conducted in 2005 due to the conduct of the General Household Survey 2005 by the Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade and Industry.
- As the income data are captured from a sample survey, the income changes for the 20th percentile nearer the end of the income spectrum tend to be more volatile over shorter (e.g. year-on-year) than longer periods (e.g. 5 or 10 years).